Monday, November 17, 2008

What a dream I had

Dear Dan,

Last night I had a dream about you. We were in NYC. I heard that you were intending to jump off the Empire State Building. People were panicking and I told everyone to calm down. I said it was your decision but 1) there is fencing all over the top floor 2) you might try a lower floor than the Observation deck so 3) call the police and alert them plus 4) let's get there now!

I think this was quite a combination of things. I've been thinking of you, of course. A day hasn't gone by that I don't think of you. We're getting closer to closing on the apartment. I think the trip to Sam's Club with Ruth had something to do with it as well. There was the combination of her brother's suicide, the cameras and computers plus, as I said, a day doesn't go by that I don't think of you.

And I smile, mostly.

0 comments: