Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Reflection

Dear Dan,

I have been reflecting on yesterday's election and those of years past. There are several reasons I'm sorry you aren't here for this moment in history.

First for the obvious - you aren't here and you should be. Period.

Second - for all the work you did for the Democratic party. All the work you did for Joe, Clinton, McGovern, all candidates, local and national.

Third - you were a supporter for Jesse Jackson back in the day. You had the right idea but the wrong candidate. Jesse was in the crowd last night, weeping for joy. Even though Jesse and Barack had issues, there is still so much for Jesse to be proud of in his fight along the way.

McCain was gracious in defeat and I can see the attitude and spirit that made me respect him even though I don't agree with him.

Barack, Michelle and the children are going to be an amazing representation of our country.

And Dan, when you talk to Toot, please tell her how much mom and I adore her grandson. Please tell her we're sorry she isn't here as well.

I love you, bro.

0 comments: