Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas

Dear Dan,

Merry Christmas bro! Of course I've been thinking of Christmases past. Mom and Dad used to go through Edmond Scientific's catalog One year you got a oil refinery that pumped colored water through the parts. Very cool. Another year you got a bubbler that worked by the heat of your hand. I was never able to get that to work. There was also a thing you held in your hand, scuffed across a carpet then touched to a door knob and the bulb lit up from the static. Pretty soon you realized it worked by touching people too and you started zapping us. I was able to get to work!

A number of years ago the old family ornaments were divided among the three of us. I wonder what became of the ones you got. I hope they were sold in the estate. I would hate to think they were tossed. I would have liked to have had the one Mom made with your name on it. I also wonder about the stocking Mom made that had your name on it as well. Then I realize I have the most important things: the happy memories. The things themselves aren't important.

I love you Danno.

0 comments: