Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

I watched that again the other night and thought about you. Big surprise, huh? I went into mom's room and turned her TV to the channel during out 'Ikea Nightmare' scene. I told her about our last conversation and that scene.

There is rumor that I'll be able to get the Harry Potter books as eBooks soon. That means as soon as I download them to my Kindle, the dead-tree books get sent to the AAUW.

Except for Deathly Hallows. I think I'll keep that DTB. When I got your cell phone, I saw most of your text messages those last days were about Deathly Hallows.  That was also part of our last conversation on the Monday before. That book stays.

AAUW opens again on the 21st and I have a stash ready to take out there. That Kindle is something else. I have always been a compulsive reader but now I'm even more so. I think you would have enjoyed reading on a Kindle too. Even if you read mostly boring books. j/k

The new season of True Blood begins this week. The 2nd season gave me another "I have to call Dan" moment. Eric sees two kids Sam brought to Fangtasia. Eric said "Look! Little humans. They're just like real humans, only smaller. They're teacup humans!" I reached for the phone before I remembered you wouldn't be on the other end.

Those moments don't happen often anymore, but they do happen. It's a jolt.

But I think you would have laughed over that line. Maybe you did as you watched it with me. Or not.

0 comments: